When you’re hiring a moving company it is important to consider various queries such as moving cost, date, destination of moving and weight of the shipment. Hence, it is always desirable to get the quotes for your move from different companies and compare them to find a suitable mover. Many companies send their representative for providing a precise estimation. The moving quote will be specified according to the distance of your moving and the weight of your possessions. Once you get the moving quotes of various movers, it would be easy to choose the right moving company based on your needs and budgetary expectations.
Types Of Home Moving Quotes
Probably there are two kinds of moving quotes that a mover can provide. They are:
1. Non-Binding Quotes: It is a price list for moving your possessions, where movers cannot raise the price after providing their moving quote. Here the price will be quoted according to the weight of your moving belongings inspected by the mover and services they provide. Though the actual weighting is more than the quoted weight, your mover cannot raise it by 10%, unless it is essential. Ensure that all your possessions are included in the estimated draft, so that you can receive the accurate quote.
2. Binding Quotes: This is also called as ?not to exceed? moving quote. It covers the weights and services, which are listed while estimating the moving price before loading your stuffs. Here you have to pay the moving cost as per the written quoted amount. Even if the weight is exceeded, you will be charged only the quoted amount. And if the actual weight is less than the quoted amount, you will be charged lesser amount. To obtain decent moving quote, ask for the binding quotes. When you adopt the binding quotes, you should pay the fee at the delivery time in terms of either cash, or money order, or by any certified or cashier check.
Interpretation of Moving Quotes
Generally, different moving companies offer different kinds of moving quotes. Therefore to analyze them, we have to interpret the following information that is contained in every moving quote.
- The specifications that has to be followed while moving your possessions.
- Any fine print that could lead to extra charges.
- A comprehensive list of moving materials used for your move.
- Information about the charges on the mileage, volume, weight, and other allied services.
- Any items that are not moved, or haven?t covered in the price quote.
- Information regarding the costs of insurance and its coverage.
- The terms of payment such as advance payments, installment payments and or any other payment methods.
- This information gives you an idea about types of moving quotes. It makes your house moving process easy and presenting at best quoted price.